Monday, November 30, 2009

“Cinematypes” by Susan Allen Toth

In the essay “Cinematypes” by Susan Allen Toth I believe it is very true and interesting because you got to date a lot of people to find the right guy to be with. For me, the right guy has to accept me for whom I am and has to like my flaws and make me feel like I am myself all the time. Also, he got to be unique and make me feel special; therefore to find a guy who has all these qualities is hard work and it is even harder to maintain the relationship stable and still keep the love and respect between the couple after many years. In my opinion finding the right guy takes a lot of time; therefore, that’s why you should date and meet new guys and if you don’t feel good with them then move on and find another guy who helps make you feel like you deserve. In the essay the author mention three different dates with completely different guys. Aaron takes her to art films, they meet at the movies, and they have no contact with each other. Pete take her to redeeming social value movies, they take turn driving, and when scared he hold her hand and if not there is always no contact. Her last date mention in the essay is Sam he seems like the perfect guy because he plays around with her hands and shows emotion toward her, but he is the worse because he is cheating on his girlfriend with the author. At this point, I could tell that the author has not found the right person and you can tell she didn’t feel yourself with any of this guys and indeed all her dates was kind of awkward.

I think the author was trying to tell us that it is hard to find someone who you can be yourself, share all your problems, feel comfortable, and enjoy his company accepting each other defects. I think to be able to carry a conversation both of you have to have some type of common interest, want the relationship to work, and understand each other. I think the author is telling us that we got to go out and meet new people to be able to find the one we like and not stay stuck with one because there are many.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a well written essay on this from erickbray2020@gmail.com. Their number is +1(518)553-4482

    ReplyDelete