Monday, November 30, 2009

“Neat People vs. Sloppy People” by Suzanna Britt

In the essay “Neat People vs. Sloppy People” by Suzanna Britt I think the author is a sloppy person because she talks good about the sloppy people and try to give a thousand excuses of why they are way better than the neat people. For me, I think it’s not good to be sloppy or neat I think it is important to keep a balance because if you are sloppy you will never clean and will leave everything the way it is, and if you are too neat then you will not let your children’s play; therefore, you won’t have a life. According to the essay, the author believes that sloppy people are smart people who are always busying doing something and educating themselves; therefore, it not that they are sloppy its that they are always picking up new goals or things to do which means that the stack is piling up which means it never looks like they clean but they do. In the other hand the author is saying that neat people are selfish and all they think about is cleaning; therefore, they are the lazy people because they are the people who doesn’t buy anything or don’t bring anything inside the house, so they wont dirty it. Neat people are so lazy that they get their mail while standing next to the trash to throw it all away. I believe that if you too sloppy or to neat you might have a disorder and it is not safely for your own self.

I think some stuff of what the author said is truth and others are wrong. For example, I have a lot of homework and things to do, but I still clean not insanely but when it is needed; therefore, I don’t consider myself lazy or obsesses over cleaning I think I am normal. I mean most of the time I got my school books in my bed and papers in the computer desk but I am constantly using them or it helps me remember what I have to do. A truly lazy person wouldn’t go to school and force herself to get a good GPA. School is hard and lazy people would not write papers after papers and study for long hours. In my opinion I think everyone is mostly in between because I doubt neat people would really send their kids to boarding school so they won’t dirty the house and plus everyone likes to save pictures and memories and according to the author a neat person wouldn’t do that. I also loved the way the author wrote this block essay, it was really organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment